My first book, Long Overdue, was published a couple of months ago and available for download from Decadent Publishing’s website, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, and All Romance eBooks. But since it is only available in digital format, I’ve been asked numerous times how someone without an e-reader can download it.
The easiest way I can think is downloading the kindle app to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. If you don’t have any of these, there is always Barnes and Noble’s nook for laptop, but I’ll have to address that another day. LOL.
So these steps will take you through how to get a kindle app and then purchase an e-book from Amazon.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
These first few bullets are only done for the FIRST time in order to get the Kindle app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. It may look like a lot of steps but once you’re all set with this, you’ll be golden.
· First, you need an Amazon login and password. If you’ve ever ordered so much as a spatula from Amazon, you have one. If not, it’s pretty easy to follow the “New Customer” steps they’ll walk you through.
· Go to App Store on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, and search for “Kindle”. As with all apps, make sure you check the compatibility for your device.
· Download Kindle as you would any other app. Click FREE (because it is, woo-hoo), and then INSTALL. Enter your Apple (Not Amazon’s) password when prompted.
· You should now see the app on your device – Click it.
· The first time you enter the app you’ll be prompted to register your device. This is where that Amazon login and password come in handy. Enter the information and you now have a Kindle…so to speak.
If you’ve reached this point, you’ll never have to do the above steps again. You’ll only need to follow the next steps to purchase an e-book from here on out.
· When you go to Amazon.com, login to your account so that step is out of the way. Otherwise you’ll just be interrupted during your purchase to do so, no biggie but you may need to search for the book all over again and that’s annoying.
· Search for the book of your choice, such as… oh, I don’t know, my e-book, Long Overdue, by Tara Andrews . Okay, okay, you can technically search for any book you want.
· Once you’ve clicked your way to the buy page, you’ll see a purchase button like “Buy now with 1-click”. Below that may be a “Deliver to” drop down where you’ll see a reference to your new kindle device. No worries if it’s too soon to see it, the book will go to the mysterious “Cloud” and wind up on your iPhone or iPad anyway. Go ahead and click “Buy now…” (Especially if it’s my book – ehem.)
· Literally, once you click it’ll take a minute or less for the book to appear in the kindle app's “All Items” list on your iPhone or iPad. Click the book and you’re ready to read.
It’s literally that easy!
Post a Comment