I am pleased to welcome fellow Decadent Publishing author, Catherine Peace, to my blog today. Not only do we share a publisher, but she has also written for Decadent’s 1Night Stand series (like yours truly). Her e-book, Complete Me, will be out March, 21st and she has an awesome giveaway to celebrate its release.
The prizes are a $25 iTunes gift card, a free copy of the book when it releases, and a t-shirt inspired by the book. Who doesn’t love giveaways?! So stick around, make yourself at home, and enter.
Without further ado, here’s Catherine discussing a subject near and dear to our hearts (at least mine)…Music!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If Wishes were Horses….
They’d spirit me away to see the bands I’ve always wanted to see and somehow always miss.
I’ve been pretty lucky over my concert-going career. I’ve seen Sick Puppies, Motley Crue, A7X, symphonies, Brooks & Dunn, Sawyer Brown, Altar Bridge, Chicago, Doobie Bros, Earth Wind & Fire, the current incarnation of the Temptations, and tons more. But like Ahab, I have a few white whales of my own. The bands I would dropkick a unicorn to go see.
• The number one top band would be Fuel. They’re my favorite of all-time, responsible for getting me through those torturous high school years, and they’ve eased a lot of hurts. I saw an incarnation of them a few years ago, but it was a different lead singer. And anyone who’s seen Journey knows that seeing a band with a different lead singer than the one they’ve had for years and years and years is not the same.
• Following a close second? Bob Seger. I’ve been a huge fan ever since I figured out what music was. Something about Bob’s raspy voice and the stories within the songs always drew me in. I’m actually planning a story based on “Hollywood Nights.” Stay tuned for that one.
• I was a little late to the grunge scene, having grown up in the age of boy bands *shiver*, so I wasn’t introduced to the awesomeness that is Soundgarden until I was in high school. I cut my teeth on “Black Hole Sun” but found my true love of Chris Cornell through “Fell on Black Days,” “Show Me How to Live,” and “Black Rain,” among others. Pretty sure my mind would explode from the sheer amount of awesome of seeing my favorite vocalist live.
• Stevie Wonder is also on this list. And yes, I know I’m 28. And yes, I know that most of the bands I’ve seen/want to see have been around before my birth, but I have fantastic memories of jamming out to Songs in the Key of Life with my mom.
• I also always wanted to see Alabama. The country group has been around for a long, long time, but dear God Randy Owen’s voice is phenomenal. They’re not touring anymore, but a girl can dream, right?
• And what dream list would be complete without The Rolling Stones? Seriously. It’s the Stones. What more needs to be said?
There you have it. A few of my white whales. There are plenty of others, but you guys don’t have that kind of time. Plus, I need to tell you about my book!
A romance author who needs to love….
Best-selling romance author Claire Ergleston confines her passions to the pages of her books. When she receives a 1Night Stand date ‘to give her something to talk about in interviews,’ can she let herself be swept away?
A rock star who needs to let go….
The past has a chokehold on former rock star Ty Krause. Instead of killer tunes, he kills time writing passable songs for a British boy band and his nights wishing he had the balls to say goodbye. In a last ditch effort, he signs up for 1Night Stand, thinking that a night of no-strings-attached sex will help him break the leash of his past.
From the moment Claire and Ty meet, sparks fly—but can they overcome their pasts or will their potential love story end on a sour note?
About the author:
Catherine Peace has been telling stories for as long as she could remember. Maybe even from the womb; no one knows for sure. Now, she writes delightful romances with enough spice to make Emeril happy when not masquerading as a normal person at the day job.
Where to find Catherine:
Blog: The Pen Punks
Reviewer for Indie Books R Us
So about that giveaway… enter to win here!